Wednesday, November 08, 2006

I am an idiot who can't count

I've just noticed the number of residents' permits Ruth Muir says there are in Zone 8 and the number I have been saying there are differ. Mine come from the document F.125 which can be picked up from the parking permit people down at Waterloo Place.

I have just double checked and noticed that this time I count 755 spaces, not 738. Ahem, sorry, it would appear that I'm an idiot. My count doesn't include Richmond Terrace where the residents have their own special places (26 of them).

Still there is a difference of 74 spaces. Where do these come from? I'm not sure, and I've asked her, but it could be because the F.125 form talks about minimum number of spaces and maybe the council expect more to squeeze in.

It might be interesting to find out how many cars actually fit in some of the streets. In Marchmont Crescent with the bins now taking up residents' spaces, I wonder if we even have as many as 47. I will check to see.

No comments: