Friday, December 01, 2006

Crazy bins

I've just received this letter from a resident (name removed). The wind has picked up the bins and flung them about - in this case into a car. This was even before tonight's wind which has actually blown a roof off in Marchmont Crescent, crushing a car (no one, thankfully, was hurt). After tonight's gales they will probably be finding our bins in Kansas!











Hi Hugh,

Firstly a big thanks for starting this campaign against these restrictions!
I am so frustrated and angry at Edinburgh City Council they always mess things up!!!

This may of be interest to you, last night when I finally managed to find a car space on marchmont street, it happened to be next to the ugly black bin!! The wind kept knocking the lid all night and my family found it difficult to sleep but worse, I woke up to find that the bin had rolled towards my car and slightly damaged it!

I walked around marchmont and found several bins toppled over! I have read a letter about bins on your blog and thought I would attach photos and my comment if you wish to add this to the web page. The bins are a nuisance - not only do they take up parking space they damage cars too! Surely they should be bolted onto the road??

I am writing to the council, if you have any advice it would be appreciated, I realise you are a very busy person! Please feel free to use any of the above and photos!

Thanks

No comments: