Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Arrrrghh! I got a ticket today!

Last night I came home really late - 5:45pm - silly me for leaving it so long. I couldn't find a residents' space and dropped the car miles away up in Warrender Park Terrace in a space that opened up gloriously in front of me; some foolish person actually pulled out of a spot at that time of night, ha!

This morning I spent three quarters of an hour walking around up there trying to find my car - it wasn't where I remembered it, so I checked every street and most of them twice. Finally, I came home dejected at 09:25 to discover that I had got it wrong. The night I remembered was the night before - last night I had parked in the single vacant pay and display slot in Marchmont Crescent, just thirty yards from my house.

Fortunately, the parking warden knew where my car was all along. They had helpfully left me with a big red ticket on the windscreen to help me see pick it out from a distance.

Anyway, I had some fairly stern words with myself, I can tell you! So, now I'm wondering, is it worth my while writing them a letter, begging to be let off? I mean this situation must be a parking warden's dream come true! I am feeling today as if this whole scenario has been engineered to generate fine revenue - grrrr. (I know it hasn't, I know it's been done to solve the problems for the poor sods who had to put up with terrible parking in S1 before - but that won't occur to me until about a week from now when my sense of humour decides it's been on holiday long enough)

How many of you have been getting tickets since September that you didn't get before? Have any of them been waived when you complained?

No comments: