Monday, October 30, 2006

Objecting to Zone S2

There had been some ideas that Zone S2 would be coming along early and that registering an objection to it might be worthwhile – after all, it would be nice to be sure that a similar disaster isn’t going to arise when S2 is introduced. To that end, I asked the council when and where the public consultations would be taking place. Guess what, the extensive consultations have already taken place! There was even a public hearing! I feel much better knowing that.

You’ll all be glad to know that everyone in S1 is terribly pleased with the way their new zone has turned out. I’ll bet they are! Oh, I’m sorry. I’m just grumpy because I had to park four streets away again. No residents’ spaces in the Crescent tonight, even though all of the pay and display spaces were completely free.

Anyway, the text is below.

(BTW, I’ve printed out lots of letters but I couldn’t get the labels to print. I’ll have another go tomorrow).


Dear Mr Leather

Thank you for your recent email.

Zone S2 is due to commence on 05/03/2007.

Local councillors and residents asked for the CPZ extension to combat problems with commuters parking on residential streets all day, making it very difficult for local residents and their visitors to find parking. An extensive public consultation took place, including a public hearing in May 2005.

Residents within the new zones that began operating in September of this year, N1 and S1, have given us a lot of positive feedback about how the zones are operating so far, allowing them to regularly park near their homes for the first time in years.

We will send you more information and an application form for parking permits in the coming months. If you have any questions, please see www.edinburgh.gov.uk/cpzextension, email us at cpz.extension@edinburgh.gov.uk or call 0131 200 2310.

Kind Regards

Just Ask

-----Original Message-----

From: hughleat@hotmail.com
Sent: 30/10/2006 10:37:53
To: "justask@edinburgh.gov.uk"
Subject: Zone S2 parking

Dear sir/madam,

I wonder if I can ask about zone S2 parking. I would like to know when the new zone will be introduced and when and where public consultations about the zone will be held.

Thank you very much for your time,

Hugh Leather.

No comments: