Saturday, October 28, 2006

A Letter from Mike Pringle (MSP)

I received a reply from Mike Pringle (or maybe his aid, Conor Snowden?). He's the local Member of the Scottish Parliament for us in Marchmont. It seems that progress is being made. We need to get as many letters in as possible. Here's his reply with my original mail beneath it:

From: Conor.Snowden@scottish.parliament.uk [mailto:Conor.Snowden@scottish.parliament.uk] On Behalf Of Mike.Pringle.msp@scottish.parliament.uk
Sent: 27 October 2006 16:40
To: hughleat@hotmail.com
Subject: RE: Parking in Zone 8

Dear Mr. Leather,

Thank you for your email of 19th October. I am sorry for the delay but I have a very heavy workload at present due to the parking changes.

I have been contacted by a number of people who have found that because of the new zones more residents of zone 8 have bought permits. Thanks to Lib Dem councillors' suggestions the council is actively considering allowing permit holders to park in two zones. This means those in zone 8 could also park in the new zone S1. Any individual letters of support for this idea you could generate would be most welcome. It is important they are individual letters as these have more weight than a petition. You could send them to me and I will collate them and pass them on to the council.

Please be assured that local councillors David Walker, Marilyne MacLaren and myself are dealing with this matter and I will let you know of any developments.

Yours sincerely

Mike Pringle MSP

Researcher and Constituency Organiser to Mike Pringle MSP, Edinburgh South
The Scottish Parliament
Edinburgh
EH99 1SP
0131 3486179

-----Original Message-----
From: Hugh Leather [mailto:hughleat@hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2006 10:14 PM
To: Pringle M (Mike), MSP
Cc: hughleat@hotmail.com
Subject: Parking in Zone 8

Dear Mr Pringle,

I am a resident of Marchmont Crescent and I have found the recent changes in the parking situation in Zone 8 to be a bit frustrating, to say the least. I have begun organising a petition and letter campaign to have something done about it. In the course of discussing with residents, it has been suggested that I get in contact with you to get some advice from you about how best to approach something like this (this is the first time I’ve tried to do something like this).

If you could spare me a little of your time I would be very grateful.

Yours sincerely,

Hugh Leather

No comments: