Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Yellow Lines in the Biting Cold

This morning Marilyne MacLaren, Jim Grieve, John Richmond and I walked round the streets of Marchmont zone 8 looking where yellow lines could be removed to make more room for parking. It was baltic out there and I really must say how much I appreciate their time and effort on our behalf.


(From the left) Jim, Marilyne and John)



We found lots and lots of places where we can squeeze in more cars. Most of the ones on the list were agreed on and a few more that weren't on the list. There were some places we had listed which will be left to keep loading areas for local businesses and some for keeping visibility round corners and so on. On the whole, though, I think it will improve the situation quite a lot.

We'll have to wait a while for the places to get verified (John will go round and take measurements and so forth to get it all precisely). Then there'll be the statutory consultations which will take a few months, but soon :-) I'll keep you up to date if Jim or John send me the final list.

Jim also said that he hopes to be able to make decisions about the streets not included in the temporary measures within a month, maybe as short as a fortnight. I have my fingers crossed.

No comments: